Saturday, May 21, 2011

Armed Forces Day

Armed Forces Day
According to a New York Times article published on May 17, 1952: "This is the day on which we have the welcome opportunity to pay special tribute to the men and women of the Armed Forces ... to all the individuals who are in the service of their country all over the world. Armed Forces Day won't be a matter of parades and receptions for a good many of them. They will all be in line of duty and some of them may give their lives in that duty."

I love these guys with all my heart as they are family to me.  There are many more, but these are some of the guys we hang out with and our kids have come to love as well.


Jesse Ray Brown


Derek Fohey


Sean Strobel


My personal favorite - my husband Nicholas L

These guys plus many more - Barnes, Kniskern, Hardin, Doody, Kudel, - I could go on for days - are the reason we get to do the things we do. They provide the blanket of freedom we sleep under each night - or so Jesse always reminds me of (Love you Jesse Ray).

Never forget Mr. Combs - who gave all April 12, 2007 - You will never be forgotten.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post Molly & sharing the pics! I hope you have a very nice weekend Hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly, thank you for sharing this. Have a beautiful day with your family. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Molly, for reminding everyone of today. I was through the Fayetteville area on Thursday. We saw the signs out and said a little extra prayer. We also stopped at McDonalds for lunch. As we went in a 4some of guys in uniform went in ahead of us. My daughter & I purchased apple pies for them & my 21 month old granddaughter gave them the bag of pies and said "tank to" in her sweetest voice. I know it's not much but I thank those guys and their families from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this Molly, my son is in the Scots Guards and what these guys do for their countries must never be forgotten

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I really apprciate that you took a look and left some love!