Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Abby requested pink, bright, happy, butterflies and lots of girly stuff. 
I am so thankful that my kid is not afraid to be herself!.
Each morning when she gets dressed she cries over the outfit she wants to wear. I always try to pick out something first and give her the option that matches. 
Her option usually involves horizontal stripes in rainbow colors with plaid carpi's in contrasting colors.
She doesn't care if things look odd to us - they look good to her.
I pick my battles and the clothes are not one of them. 
My husband at times gets irritated - but as I tell him - she is expressing herself (which is as loud as her color choices), and I don't want to kill that.

I am thankful she is as loud as the box for her hair "pretties" she asked me to make.


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous box. So bright and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love this. My little girl is going to be 30 in September! I remember her loving stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Gave up that battle a long time ago. I let them both dress themselves...unless it's for church....or a special occasion. My daughter runs around looking like Punky Brewster and my son...he either has his socks pulled up over his knees or rolled down to his ankles. They got clothes on...they're happy....and I didn't have to spend time arguing or managing. It's all good!

    And that box is adorable. I know how girls love to have all their little places for all their little things. Love all the ribbons....ribbon makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I really apprciate that you took a look and left some love!